Saturday, April 9, 2011

An introduction of sorts.

This is my attempt at a blog. I wanted to do a vlog, but that's going to be dirty and comical, and it won't be for everyone. Consequently, if you know me, you'll realize I plan on keeping this amazingly clean unless I am EXTREMELY angry about something.

So, this is where I begin. I am currently in my early 30's. I DJ for a living, and I'm semi-successful. This basically means that I can survive six months out of the year, and live meagerly the other six. I'm a college student, on my way to becoming a secondary ed. high school teacher, and eventually a college professor. I hope.

Now, on to what I'd really like to write. First and foremost, our government sucks. Pay our troops. And those that are considered "mandatory personnel" - like my stepfather, who works for Marine Corps Community Service (MCCS) and isn't even in the military any more, but who was told he had to report to work and not get paid if the shutdown actually happened. Thank God it didn't.

Next, a huge deal to me: The fact that I have to talk to many people on a daily basis that I DO. NOT. LIKE. As a practicing Christian (roman catholic to be exact) I really try to be a kind person. However, I'm not interested in speaking with you at any length if we have nothing in common, I find you annoying, you are a story-topper, or you seem to have some sort of medical problem that you insist on complaining about every time you can find a way to bring it up in conversation, or if you smell funny. I know you're probably still staring at the "story-topper" phrase and wondering what it is. Let me give you a quick description in the form of a conversation:

Story-topper: "Hey, are you alright? You look a little tired."

Me: "Yeah, I didn't get that much sleep last night. Maybe 5 hours."

Story-topper: "Oh, that's nothing, I've slept a total of 5 hours in the last two weeks."

Really? Seriously?!? That's ridiculous. You KNOW the person is BS-ing you, and yet you really can't say anything. So, I've decided to tell you how I am going to treat these people from now on; my personal mantra, if you will. Ready? Here it is:

Jesus said I have to love you. He didn't say I have to like you.

From now on, if I don't like someone, I'm going to find a way to politely excuse myself from the company of that person, and not come back. Period.

I am sick and tired of wasting my life doing things I don't give a good-slam-hot-damn about. I waste time and energy on people I DON'T WANT TO BE AROUND, every day. Dudes that behave in a less-than-manly manner are included in this category, as well. I'm all for a small amount of effeminate behavior, after all, I'm more metro than average. However, emasculation is a different story. Wear pants made for men. Hell, wear CLOTHES made for men! I don't want to see the outline of your johnson when you dress. This is what a good friend of mine, Tazz, refers to as "moist" behavior. Justin Bieber hair, skinny-sole Vans, berets...unless you are in France and an artist...ARE NOT MANLY. They're douche-y. Just sayin'. STOP.

That being said, there are plenty more things I would love to rant about, but those will have to wait. My girlfriend is partying with some friends of hers tonight, so I am going to have a MANLY Netflix night. I'm going to watch The Notebook. Just kidding.

V

No comments:

Post a Comment